Toys“R”Us provides financial assistance if you adopt a child under age 16. The Adoption Assistance Plan reimburses up to $6,000 of covered expenses per child, for up to two children. Here’s how the plan works:
- Licensed adoption agency and placement fees (including foreign adoption)
- Legal fees and court fees
- Transportation and lodging costs to bring the child to the adoptive parents
- Immigration, immunization and translation fees
Expenses Not Covered
- Expenses related to the adoption of your spouse’s child
- Any adoption that results in a violation of federal or state law
- A surrogate parenting arrangement
- Medical expenses of the birth mother or child prior to the adoption
- Temporary foster care homes
- Fees for services not yet performed
The following team members are eligible for the Adoption Assistance Program:
- Full-Time hourly with 90 days of service
- Part-Time with 5 years of service
Once the adoption is final, complete this Adoption Assistance Claim Form and return to the Toys"R"Us Benefits Department (One Geoffrey Way, Wayne, NJ 07470 Attn: HR- Benefits).
Include itemized receipts for expenses listed and proof of adoption.
Contact your Human Resources Business Partner.
- Download/Print a PDF of this page