Opening Your HSA
When you enroll in an Aetna or Kaiser CA medical plan, you’ll see the option to open your HSA during the enrollment process.
After you enroll, PayFlex, the HSA administrator, will confirm your personal information – such as your name, address and Social Security number. Once this information is confirmed your HSA will be opened.
Click here for more information about the application process.
Welcome Kit and Debit Card
Once opened, you'll receive your HSA Welcome Kit and debit card in the mail from PayFlex/Citibank.
Don't forget to designate a beneficiary for your HSA!
- You decide how much you would like to contribute to the HSA, up to IRS limits.
- Your contribution amount can be changed at anytime.
- The Company contribution will be deposited into your account in the month your HSA enrollment is effective.
If You Don’t Open Your HSA
You will forfeit any company contributions and wellness credits. Be sure to open your HSA as soon as you enroll in an Aetna or Kaiser CA medical option.
- If you are an active team member, the Company will pay the monthly maintenance fee while you are enrolled in a Toys"R"Us Aetna or Kaiser CA medical plan.
- You are subject to fees for certain banking transactions.
- View the latest HSA Fee Schedule in the Financial Center on Payflex.com.
- The Company will stop paying your account maintenance fees if you un-enroll from the Toys"R"Us Aetna or Kaiser CA medical option as an active team member or due to termination. You would be responsible for paying any HSA future maintenance and transaction fees.
Tips to Avoid Fees
- Check your balance online before you use your card.
- You will be charged every time you check your balance via an ATM.
- Pay for eligible expenses by using your debit card.
- If you prefer to pay bills by check, you will be charged for each package of 25 checks.
- Download/Print a PDF of this page