You may contribute before-tax dollars into your HSA when you enroll in the Aetna or Kaiser CA medical options. The Company makes an additional tax-free* contribution too.
- Decide how much you want to save and your contributions come right out of your paycheck.
- You can change your contribution amount anytime during the plan year.
- When you set up your account, you’ll get a debit card that you can use each time you incur an eligible expense.
- Visit www.irs.gov and search for Publication 502 for a full list of eligible expenses.
- If you don’t use the money in your account, it rolls over to the following plan year.
- If you have low health care expenses, making the maximum annual contribution can help you save for the future and even retirement.
- You can invest your balance. The more you save, the more you make on your money.
- Your HSA funds are yours to keep, even if you leave the company or are no longer enrolled in a Aetna or Kaiser CA medical option. However, you must be enrolled in an HSA eligible medical plan to make contributions.
The HSA offers triple tax savings – contributions go into your account before-taxes, earn tax-free interest and come out when you need the funds without being taxed.
Learn more about how the plan works by watching the HSA video.
- Download/Print a PDF of this page