You’re eligible to contribute before-tax dollars into your HSA when you enroll in the Aetna “R”CDHP or Kaiser CA CDHP medical options. Not only can you contribute, but the company makes an additional tax-free* contribution as well.
- Decide how much you want to save and your contributions come right out of your paycheck. You also have the flexibility to change your contribution amount during the plan year as your expenses change.
- When you set up your account, you’ll get a debit card that you can use each time you incur an eligible expense. Visit www.irs.gov and search for Publication 502 for a full list of eligible expenses.
- If you don’t use the money in your account one year, it rolls forward to the following plan year. If you have generally low health care expenses, making the maximum annual contribution can be a valuable tool to help you save for your future and even retirement.
- You can invest your balance. The more you save, the more you make on your money.
- The money in your HSA is yours to keep, even if you leave the company or are no longer enrolled in a CDHP medical option. However, you must be enrolled in a CDHP to make contributions.
The HSA is great because it offers triple tax savings – contributions go into your account before-taxes, earn tax-free interest and come out when you need the funds without being taxed.
Learn more about how the plan works by watching the HSA video.
* The Company's tax–free contribution applies on a federal tax level, but may vary by State.
- Download/Print a PDF of this page