New for 2015, under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), also known as Health Care Reform, large employers are now required to disclose the employee cost of health coverage for a single employee in the most affordable plan offered to their employees for 2015 to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to show compliance with PPACA coverage requirements. This information is to be provided to all benefits-eligible employees (regardless of their benefit enrollment status) via Form 1095-B or Form 1095-C by March 31, 2016.
- Form 1095-B for Kaiser CA plans will mail between late February and early March 2016. Team members can expect to receive their 1095-B forms by mid-March 2016.
- Form 1095-B for Kaiser HI plans were mailed on February 6, 2016.
- Once mailed, Kaiser members can access the form electronically through kp.org under the "Personal Documents" page.
- If Form 1095-B is lost or stolen, a replacement (hard copy) can be requested through Kaiser Member Services - CA 1-800-464-4000; HI 1-808-432-5955 or 1-800-966-5955 (Neighbor Islands).
- Form 1095-C (for Aetna plans) will be mailed from Toys”R”Us to all applicable benefits-eligible Toys“R"Us team members on March 1, 2016.
All forms were/will be sent to the home address on file in Workday. Form 1095 B or C is not required in Puerto Rico.
You may file your 2015 taxes prior to receiving Form 1095-B or 1095-C, as it’s not needed for submission. However, it should be retained for record-keeping purposes and would only need to be provided to the IRS if audited.
If you have questions relating to Form 1095, contact the Benefits Information Line at 1-800-637-1225.
Additional details can also be found here.