Beginning January 1, 2106, if you're a new or existing Aetna member in need of an extra medical ID card, it will be available online only; additional plastic cards will not be issued.
You can can access a digital ID card (which is identical to your plastic ID card) to view, print and/or download through Aetna Navigator, the Aetna Mobile app, or Aetna.com from your smartphone or internet browser.
- Aetna Navigator: Visit Aetna.com to register. Once registered, you can access and print a copy of your digital ID card by visiting the ID card section of Navigator.
- Aetna Mobile Application (iPhone and Android): Available in app stores when you search for “Aetna.”
- Aetna.com mobile web
Aetna providers have been reminded to accept alternate forms of ID cards.
Benefits of digital ID cards:
- Gives members quick access to accurate and up-to-date ID cards.
- Provides faster self-service and a more secure way to access benefits information. Plastic cards can be compromised if lost or stolen.
- Less plastic cards produced are better for the environment.
New plastic ID cards will be generated and mailed if you experience certain events, such as a name and/or dependent change. For less critical ID card updates, if you a have an email address on file with Aetna, it will only be applied to the digital ID card. If no email address is on file, a plastic card will be mailed.
If you have any questions, you can contact Aetna at 1-800-589-4811 if enrolled in the Aetna Dental PPO or 1-877-238-6200 if enrolled in the Aetna Dental DMO plan.