The 2017 Annual Enrollment period ended on May 17th. Here are some things to be aware of:

Dependent Documentation

If you added any new dependents to coverage during the Annual Enrollment period, for a coverage effective date of July 1, 2017, watch for separate communications from “R”Dependent Verification Services with instructions on how to complete the dependent verification process.  You are required to submit dependent documentation verifying eligibility by the deadline outlined in the communications you receive. If documentation is not provided, any unverified dependent(s) will be dropped from coverage.  If you have any questions, contact the “R”Benefits Service Center at 844-TRU-BENS.

ID Cards

New ID cards will be mailed (for receipt by July 1) if certain changes were made to medical plans during Annual Enrollment (i.e. new enrollment, name change, etc.). ID cards may also be issued due to changes in covered dependents. Vision and Dental ID cards are not issued. If ID cards are not received, you should contact the appropriate plan directly (i.e. Aetna, Kaiser, CVS Caremark, etc. – contact numbers can be found on

Health Savings Account

If you enrolled in an Aetna or Kaiser CDHP medical plan for July 1, 2017 and opened your Health Savings Account (HSA) during Annual Enrollment, you will be sent an HSA welcome kit containing an HSA debit card from Payflex, the HSA administrator. If you enrolled in the CDHP for July 1, 2017 and didn’t open your HSA during Annual Enrollment, you should contact the “R”Benefits Service Center (844-TRU-BENS) right away to open your Account.   

Note: If further information is needed to satisfy banking regulations associated with your HSA, you will receive correspondence from Payflex requiring response before your HSA can be set up and a welcome kit mailed.

If you're enrolled in the Aetna or Kaiser “R”CDHP plans, you should ensure your HSA is set up by July 1, 2017 in order to receive the Company contribution timely.

  • For HSA enrollments in effect as of July 1, 2017, the applicable tax-free lump sum Company contribution will be deposited into the HSA by the end of July 2017.
  • For HSA enrollments or changes made after July 1, 2017, the pre-tax Company contribution will be received based on when the Account is opened and deposited as a full lump sum.

If you don't take the steps necessary to open a HSA, you will be unable to make your own contributions and will forfeit the tax-free lump sum Company contribution. In addition, if you qualify for the 2017-2018 Wellness Rebate, it will be received as a taxable lump sum in a future paycheck.

Finally, during the week of May 29th, Payflex distributed the annual Form 5498 for 2016 which details all contributions made to an HSA during the 2016 tax year. These forms are distributed in May because HSA participants can make 2016 contributions to their HSA through April 18 of the following tax year. The form can be viewed via the Payflex member site or will be mailed to homes. No action is required.

Payroll deductions

Benefit deductions for the 2017-2018 plan year will start on July 7, 2017 for all team members.